Monday, December 22, 2008

Sno



Home is a delightful thing. Bensen and I had a snowed in day today. We woke up to a blizzard and went to bed to a blizzard. He hasn't really had any tactile experience with snow yet, so this morning,(as Roger is cleaning off the 6 inches white stuff on the cars, sidewalk etc.,) I pulled out some hand-me-down -Bensen sized boots put his coat on with some ‘let go see the snow with dad’ time. He clumsily walked to Roger, the boots were hard to walk in, so it looked like a oversized penguin waddle, all the time he's looking and saying, "sno, sno--cold" (say it with a lisp and you sound like our Boo).
I left the boys to do their thing and when I came back outside Roger was throwing snow in the air for Bensen to see it come sparkling down. As it came down you would hear this insane little giggle, and 'Sno!" After a bit he took over for Roger with the snow shovel. When his nose became cherry red he had to come inside.
He wasn't done yet...all the snow that came off his boots inside was not acceptable. Instead his picked it up and opened the door and did what our Bensen does best...throw it, and throw it, and throw it, although-after he picked it up and went to the door, he was quite puzzled why it somehow disappeared. We couldn't get enough of the snow today.

No comments:

Post a Comment